Stolen Wallpaper

Words but a whisper, deafness a shout

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zeeland, Michigan, United States

Hi. I wish I had a job selling squirrels. They're so furry, and give you toothy grins. Unless they're rabid, in which case they will eat your face off and then find the rest of your family. That's not so good, I guess.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Live Show Log, October 2016

10 7 16 Crane Wives #11 Grand Armory, Grand Haven Outdoor show, when it seemed like fall might actually be starting at last. Energy, spirit, drunken dervishes. Last night before my two week trip out west, good way to go out.

10 20 16 Crane Wives #12 Coppercraft Distillery, Holland (Kate and Emilee--acoustic) A rare Thursday outing on the last day of my vacation. A bit unnerving for me....no buffer between me and the band at all. One other big fan in attendance. No way around the fact that hi, see me? You see me at all your damn shows. They did a couple never-recorded songs, which I listened to so intently I thought my eyes might sprain from being squeezed tight. Obsessed? Me? I drank booze too. I like rum and applejack, and dislike corn whiskey.  


10 22 16 Olivia Mainville & the Aquatic Troupe #4 Community Pavilion, South Haven Outdoor show, at noon I think, in a very drafty open barn. The rigors of gigging musicians very much in evidence. I was the only weirdo there to see them specifically, as far as I could tell. Sounding great, playing many songs not on the album, improving several that are. Growing and changing. Not sure I’ve ever seen a more consistently nervous professional musician, but she gets the music out into the world and I thank her for it.

10 28 16 Vox Vidorra #4 Devils Night show, HOME at the BOB, Grand Rapids Is there a more lovely group of people in this town? Everyone go to Creston Brewery and give them all the money. Complete mastery of tunes, including brand new ones, many of which are somehow even better than the songs on Promise Land. Sat with some other superfans, which was affirming. Not the only weirdo! Some drunken revelers marred the last twenty minutes or so, but till then it was solid gold awesome. Theo Ndawillie is a gentleman, a scholar, and a master of percussion. Molly Bouwsma Schultz is the most beautiful woman in the world who knows my name. Not a value judgment, since the music is the point, just a stone fact.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home