Stolen Wallpaper

Words but a whisper, deafness a shout

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zeeland, Michigan, United States

Hi. I wish I had a job selling squirrels. They're so furry, and give you toothy grins. Unless they're rabid, in which case they will eat your face off and then find the rest of your family. That's not so good, I guess.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Live Show Log, May 2016

5 6 16 Crane Wives #6 Bell’s, Kalamazoo Part of Kalamazoo Pride Week. Didn’t realize they were the opening act when I got the tickets. They played a little under an hour. Still good.
5 13 16 VOX VIDORRA Mitten Bar, Ludington Wooow. I had picked up the album at Vertigo after seeing the We’re So Lonely video, and was (cliche alert) blown away by their old school sound. This record could have been unearthed in a time capsule from 1974. I knew nothing about Blue Molly, so I was coming in cold, had no idea what a quantum leap forward creatively this was for the redoubtable Ms. Molly Bouwsma Schultz and company. Bar shows are great for multiple sets, so this was the best possible introduction to what the band can do: multiple instrument versatility, impeccable cover choices, and ludicrous singer charisma levels. Really odd how people kept coming back and forth through a door next to the stage for pizza, but very small quibble. These are four amazing musicians who are going places when they’re not brewing beer. http://voxvidorra.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home