Stolen Wallpaper

Words but a whisper, deafness a shout

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zeeland, Michigan, United States

Hi. I wish I had a job selling squirrels. They're so furry, and give you toothy grins. Unless they're rabid, in which case they will eat your face off and then find the rest of your family. That's not so good, I guess.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Live Show Log, December 2015

12 31 15 THE CRANE WIVES/THE ACCIDENTALS/WAY DOWN WANDERERS Wealthy Theatre, Grand Rapids Ground Zero in my personal local music explosion. I had picked up their second album from Vertigo Music before the previously listed show. It was great. Complex yet simple, dual songwriters and singers, folky without being weak. Then the last song destroyed me, tore me down to the studs and rebuilt me from the ground up. How To Rest is a gentle bomb, treat it with care, make sure you're sitting down. Wonderful live, but the show was extremely marred by the drunk asshole next to me. He bragged about the band having played in his living room (he owned a trucking company). Every time the room got close to quiet, he bellowed his own name, in hopes, he said, of hearing it on any live recording that might be released, not adding it up that his assholery would ruin any take. Here's how dead inside I was:  at three different points during the show, pretty girls brushed me with their asses (I was right next to the stage stairs);  I was legitimately just annoyed at having my personal space invaded. The Accidentals just signed to Sony (in Jan 17); sad to say I don’t quite get it.  The Way Down Wanderers:  hippies.  Straightedge grinning drummer.  thecranewives.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home