Stolen Wallpaper

Words but a whisper, deafness a shout

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zeeland, Michigan, United States

Hi. I wish I had a job selling squirrels. They're so furry, and give you toothy grins. Unless they're rabid, in which case they will eat your face off and then find the rest of your family. That's not so good, I guess.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Weather Ball Green, No Changes Foreseen



the whole house shakes when I do laundry
It rolls to one side, then the other, with each kick of the spin cycle
I'm not sure if the hot water is working
The kitchen sink leaks underneath
I forgot to empty the bucket underneath last month and it overflowed all over the floor
sinking in near despair to the seventies linoleum, mopping and cursing those years
when I roamed far and near, fill 'er up with the magic card, damn the torpedoes
Snap a photo, move on, change the oil, kick the tires
And now that I need to roll someone's taken the wheels off my car
Leaving me disconsolate in the driveway, watching the streetlamp flicker and sputter with indecision
I want, I want, I want, but to have, that would take change
And change is the thing I have always fought like a cornered wolverine
Pretty hard to leap when you've forgotten where your feet are
But if I could move, you would be the destination

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our first floor shakes during the spin cycle.
Not that it makes a difference,
but there is comfort in numbers.


I am going to turn into a ball and roll and roll and roll and when you open your door, you'll step on me.

I think it could work.


:)

January 01, 2007  
Blogger Monika said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, jealous.... its amazing how many times I write something, then come here, read your stuff, and feel totally inadequate... and plus I think I just spelled that wrong and I'm too lazy to fix it... hmmm, I suck. yeah. great post, muah to you my michigan friend!!

January 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home